Fraxel is the leading brand of non-ablative fractional lasers for cosmetic rejuvenation.
Fraxel laser treatments can be used to correct a wide range of skin problems and reduce visible signs of facial ageing. Find out more about Fraxel laser treatment, Brisbane Skin’s most requested laser procedures, below.
What is Fraxel Dual laser treatment?
Fraxel Dual is by far the most requested fractional non-ablative laser procedures today.
Designed to provide the same results of the ablative devices without the need for extended down time, this treatment uses wavelengths of light that penetrate deeper into the skin creating heating. The heat generated causes remodelling of the collagen layer of the skin (dermis).
Like the ablative lasers, many of these devices use fractional technology where only a portion of the skin is treated at a given time to facilitate less downtime.
- Minimal downtime, usually only a day or two.
- Less pain; generally, only topical anaesthesia is required.
- Suitable for both men and women, of all ages and skin colours.
- Non-ablative (non-wounding); this treatment does not break the surface of the skin.
- Treatment can vary in intensity, as required for your condition.
- Accompanied by dermatologist-prescribed skincare regime.
How Does It Work
Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation targets damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate beneath the skins surface.
The laser treats only a fraction of skin tissue at a time, which is how the treatment gets its name “fractional.” Fraxel skin resurfacing leaves the tissues around the treatment area intact, which promotes rapid healing. This stimulates your body’s own natural healing process, replacing the old and damaged cells with fresh, glowing, healthy skin.
Is this treatment suitable for me?
During your preliminary consultation with one of our doctors or specialist nurses, you will be asked questions that will help determine whether this skin rejuvenation treatment is the right fit for you.
It’s an ideal treatment for the following:
Fraxel Non-Ablative Fractional Lasers treat very similar conditions to ablative laser treatments, such as;
- Improved skin texture
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of scar visibility (e.g. acne scarring and stretch marks)
- Elimination of unwanted pigmentation
- Tightening of facial and neck skin
- Reduction of pore size
- Clearance of precancerous sunspots (actinic keratosis)
Fraxel can be used to revitalise the appearance of your
- Stretch marks on the trunk and thighs
Laser treatments are a proven effective solution to visible signs of facial ageing and problematic skin conditions.
Is Fraxel right for you? Brisbane Skin are the leading experts in medical and cosmetic skin care. Book your consultation or submit your question online today.